Finally the weather has begun to warm up and next month it will be Memorial Day so you know what that means – it’s time to fire up the grill and BAR-B-QUE!
Even though I haven’t fired up the grill for the season, that didn’t stop me from making these tangy BBQ chicken thighs in the oven for Sunday dinner.
- 8-10 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- olive oil, seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the chicken on all sides with olive or canola oil and season with salt and pepper or any type of dried seasonings.
- Place the chicken skin side up in a glass pan coated with cooking spray and cover with slices of onion.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees.
- Coat the top of the chicken with barbecue sauce using a basting brush. Use rubber tipped tongs to turn the chicken over, being careful not to tear the skin.
- Baste the other side of the chicken, and place back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, baste top with barbecue sauce, and put back into oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven again and baste one more time, then place chicken back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is crispy, and is fully cooked.
I served the BBQ chicken with boiled Kale and slices of warm cornbread!
Are you ready to pull out the grill or have you already used it?