Slow Cooked 15 Bean Cajun Soup
It was the week before Turkey Day and all through the house, there was a frozen Turkey in the garage but it was time to fire up the Crock Pot instead!
15 different beans, veggies and turkey sausage were the ingredients we used to make this perfect Slow Cooked Cajun Soup.
So before you pull out your credit card and settle in for a full day of online shopping this Cyber Monday, pull out the Crock Pot, grab the ingredients below so when you have completed your last PayPal transaction
your dinner will be done!
Toni’s Tip: If you are trying not to have too much food in the refrigerator and freezer before a big holiday dinner, make a big pot of Bean Soup because it makes a good mid-week meal.
Make a big batch so that you will have plenty leftover to freeze then thaw and eat later for when you are too tired too cook or have spent too much money in the malls.
- 1/2 package Hurst’s® HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®
- 32 oz broth (I used low sodium chicken, but you can use beef or vegetable)
- 1 lb. fully cooked Turkey Sausage (diced)
- 1 16 oz package frozen Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1/2 package frozen Kale
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- Optional: Hot sauce or crushed red pepper to taste
- Sort and rinse beans, (no need to soak overnight), check for any unwanted debris and discard
- Drain beans and place them into slow cooker and top with frozen veggies and canned tomatoes
- Mix Cajun seasoning package with chicken broth, stir and pour over beans and veggies stir to mix evenly
- Set slow cooker on high and cook for 4 hours (or low for 6-7), or until beans are tender
- 30 minutes before end of cooking time, add diced Turkey sausage and cook for additional 30 minutes
- Serve with a freshly baked corn bread or serve over brown long grain rice
What is your favorite Slow Cooked Soup?