Salsa Meatloaf made with Jennie-O Ground Turkey
If you are anything like me you bought a few bags of Tortilla Chips and a jar of Salsa to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but also like me you didn’t use the entire jar of salsa. So there it sits in the refrigerator until the next time you want to dip in a tortilla chip … which is no time soon.
I kept pushing that jar of salsa from one side of a shelf in the refrigerator to the other until I realized that I could probably use it to make a meatloaf or even turkey burgers instead of throwing it away.
Using the following ingredients I decided to make enough meatloaf to last two days because I had a meeting the next day after work and wouldn’t get home until late.
- 3 pound package of Jennie-O Ground Turkey
- 1 – 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 – 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 – 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, and seasoning package. Transfer to a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F (72 degrees C).
I also made a pot of Kale which is one of my favorite veggies to serve with any meal. To the boiling water I added one bunch of kale, Apple Cider Vinegar, chopped onions and a few sprinkles of white sugar.
Every time I make meatloaf, I think about Ralphie, the kid from “A Christmas Story” remember when he complains about this all too often served meal – meatloaf meatloaf beetloaf!
What is your favorite way to cook meatloaf?
Disclosure: I am a member of the Jennie-O Switch Circle and have received products to facilitate my reviews. All opinions are 100% my own.