Hello Friends and Happy Thankful Thursday!
Last week was an emotional roller coaster filled with both highs and lows. Monday, I taught a Blogging 201 class:Monetizing Your Blog, and it was a full house despite the torrential downpour of rain.
Everyone was enthusiastic, asked questions and participated in lively discussions, it was one of the best classes to date. Thank you again Money School of Delaware for giving me this opportunity not only to share knowledge but to sharpen my skills and expand my base.
Teaching again is helping to lay the foundation for my 5-year plan leading up to retirement/encore entrepreneurship.
My outfit of the day was a black pencil skirt with floral embroidery thrifted from Goodwill, a sleeveless mock neck tank also thrifted from and faux snakeskin pumps via Target.
On Thursday, I wore another black pencil skirt but this one was from JCPenney and the striped top is from Old Navy.
I broke up the classic black and white combination with a pop of red in the Caliente pumps from The Shoe Dept and a red plastic bracelet from Rugged Wearhouse.
The polka dot scarf was a recent purchase from Avon. By the way, if you are looking to update your fragrances or cosmetics Avon has some great deals going on, some even includes FREE shipping, click here for more information.
Thursday was also my sister’s birthday, had she lived, she would have been 51 – Not A Day Goes By….
Although, I am thankful that I had her 29 years, I still feel that she is gone too soon – Rest in Peace Lil Sis!
Your turn, what are you thankful for this week?
Hello Friends and Happy Thankful Thursday
I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by lovely C-Ray of Sunlight Beauty, and for that I am thankful.
C-Ray loves sharing her fashion and beauty finds as well as providing great everyday tips, so take a few minutes to check out her blog and show some bloggy love.
The Rules of Acceptance:
After you have been nominated and you have accepted it, you have to write a blog post yourself doing the following:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
2. Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the image and upload it to your own post).
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
6. Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
8. Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they’ve never heard about it) and so that they know what questions to answer!
The 11 Questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
To fill the void left by the death of my grandmother, my thrify shopping partner
2. What is your favorite nail polish?
3. What is your favorite lipstick?
Avon’s Ultra Color Rich Pink
4. Who is your beauty icon?
5. Who is your favorite makeup/beauty youtuber?
No one – not a big YouTube viewer
6. What makes a beauty blog great (in your opinion)?
Options, listing both Drug Store to high end products
7. What do you like most about your blog?
Leaving a legacy for my children and grandchildren
8. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
A tropical Island – looking to retire in Belize
9. Would you choose, love or money?
10. What is your favorite healthy snack?
Apples and cheese
11. What is your favorite word?
11 Random Facts About Myself:
I’m 52 years young
I am a positive person
I have two sons, ages 21 and 18
I’ve been married for 23 years
I’m an adult orphan
Love all foods spicy
Love to photograph sunsets
my new favorite song is “Because I’m Happy” by Pharrell Wiliams – I dare you not to love it as well
I drink too much wine
I find it hard to relax
I don’t like entering Giveaways with more than 3 tasks to complete!
My Nominees Are:
Images by Dashfield
Free Ur Closet
Now ladies, if you choose to accept this nomination I’ll need you to answer the following “love themed” questions – and keep it Rated PG – lol
What Was Your Favorite Valentine’s Day Gift
What is Your Fantasy Valentine’s Day Gift
What Was Your Most Romantic Gift
What Was Your Least Romantic Gift
When did you get your first real kiss
What Would love to do everyday with your significant other
Where is your Fantasy Vacation Spot
Love or Lust
Who is Your Fantasy Man
What is Your Favorite Fruit
#1 Bucket List Item
Stay Blessed – No Stress in 2014!
Hello Friends and Happy Sunday
There’s something special about going to a Church Service on a Sunday morning after a sad Saturday night. The lifting up of prayers in the sanctuary and bonding brightens your day and provides clarity.
I thank God for being blessed and highly favored and wish the same for you,
MAY PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON YOU MY BLOGGY FRIENDS!
Sheath Dress – JCPenney
Fioni Floral PeepToe Pumps – Payless
Chunky Necklace – Rugged Wearhouse // Scarf and Purse (old)
Joy Cometh in the Morning
by David J. Stewart
“…weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” -Psalm 30:5