100 uses for Avon Skin So Soft
Here are just a few that I wanted to share but I am sure you can add many more to the list.
1. It’s a bath oil and after shower moisturizer.
2. It can be used to remove makeup.
3. Great tanning oil (no sunscreen).
4. Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
5. Great massage oil for tired muscles.
6. Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
7. Cleans ink off the skin.
8. Insect repellent.
9. Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin.
10. Cleans oil and grease off of skin.
11. Painting something? Use Skin-So-Soft to remove paint from the hands. (Instead of turpentine).
12. It soothes light sunburn.
13. Rub hands with it before washing, it helps get them cleaner.
14. Rub on dry, cracked skin….helps heal skin in 2-3 days.
15. Put 1-2 caps full in liquid soap and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Helps razor glide and leaves skin feeling smooth.
16. Pour a little into your Foot Saver to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
17. It removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most non-pour us surfaces.
18. Gently removes glue and adhesive residue from full/front lace wigs.
19. SSS Original Bath Oil works GREAT on Head Lice! Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes, then rinse under an outdoor faucet, and the lice are gone. Shampoo hair a couple of times to get all the oil out, but the lice will be gone and stay gone!
20. It kills ants instantly.
21. Spray on skin to relieve dry itching skin. Helps skin retain it’s elasticity.
22. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner like always and after it dries….Use about the size of a dime of SSS and rub it in your hair. It goes straight in and leaves hair as shiny as the ads on TV, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
23. Use bath oil towelettes — cover window sill with towelettes to keep ants out.
24. Bath use, fill bath with water and a little skin so soft, very relaxing and gets rid of dry skin.
25. Sponge it around doors, windows, and on screens to keep crawling bugs out.
26. It’s a good wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
27. It removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
28. It removes soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen figures.
29. It removes lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
30. It’s an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together.
31. It cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
32. It cleans heavy oil and grease from non-porous surfaces.
33. It takes fur off of clothing.
34. Rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
35. Removes crayon from appliances and most painted surfaces.
36. Wash cupboards with it mixed in your cleaning water to keep ants off and out of the cupboards.
37. Use it to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a hornet killing spray, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with SSS. They will not rebuild there.
38. Use it to clean leather, it will also keep it soft and supple.
39. Use it on your air conditioning screen (filter)–your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
40. Rub all over window sills to keep ants out
41. It cleans paint brushes easily and leaves them soft as new.
42. It removes gum from carpets.
43. It removes scuff marks from patent leather shoes.
44. Use it on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows.
45. It removes “ring around the collar”.
46. It removes liquid nail (paneling glue).
47. Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little S.S.S down the sides and they’ll come apart easily.
48. It removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing.
49. Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees try rubbing SSS on the feeder surface by the feeder ports.
50. Maggots too!! Squirt SSS in can and lid, then later flush with soapy water, you shouldn’t have any bugs in cans rest of summer!!!
51. It is a great furniture polish!
52. Put it in one of the bottles that you attach to your backyard hose and then spray down the back yard! Will cut down on ants, mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.
53. Spray it on rose bushes to keep the deer from eating them.
54. Kills spiders.
55. It cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods.
56. Add a capful to wash water of clothes…acts as a fabric softener and keeps the bugs off clothes.
57. Spray on orchids and other flowers for moisture and to keep bugs away.
58. Cleans baseball caps. Just spray on and rub with toothbrush.
59. Mix one part SSS and 2 parts water on tomato plants to kept those ugly old tomato worms off.
60. Removes crayon from most surfaces.
61. Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon “Skin-So-Soft” to repel no-see-’ums and tiny gnats that otherwise might slip though the screens.
62. Also if you ever make candles, use clear wax and melt put skin so soft in it and harden works great for out side in the summer.
63. As a deodorizer, spray into air and let settle, kills those nasty pet orders.
64. Kids rooms if a child wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing and will give it a fresh clean smell.
65. It’s a great insect repellent for your pet. (as recommended in “Outdoor Life” and “Field and Stream”)
66. Mix 5 parts water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off so the animals don’t fidget in the show ring.
67. Mix in your pet’s bath water. It takes the fleas off of them…..and in between spray them with the same mixture as in #2 to help keep them off.
68. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
69. Black Fly Spray For Dogs: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
70. For dog’s dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet’s coat once per week.
71. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet rub on SSS and then wipe off.
72. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse, rinse, rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of SSS. The SSS helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
73. Flea Repellent: Avon’s Skin So Soft Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
74. Rub on your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, takes away pet odor.
75.. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the skin. Once a bug, always a bug. Fleas don’t like it either!
76. It removes tar spots from the car without damage to the paint.
77. Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. It not only cleans, but keeps it soft and helps to prevent any cracking.
78. After washing your car, use it as a tire dressing to keep them looking like new.
79. Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car to help keep the air fresh and
80. Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans nicely and removes smoke odors left by cigarette smokers.
81. It gently cleans heavy grease and oil from skin and non-porous surfaces (great for Mechanic’s Hands).
82. It removes tree sap.
83. Prior to traveling…rub SSS on headlights and grill. It makes insects and bugs easier to remove.
84. Shines vehicle tires
85. Open a towelette and use as an automotive air freshener.