Hello friends and Happy Black Friday. I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, a day filled with with plenty of food surrounded by family, friends and fun.
However, if like us, you had more food than family and friends and are now looking at a lot of leftover turkey, here’s a change to the classic turkey sandwich. This healthy recipe can be found online at.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot chili powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) cooked, coarsely chopped turkey breast
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup pre-shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
1. Using a whisk, mix first 7 ingredients (through sour cream) in a small bowl. Toss with turkey. Set aside.
2. Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture onto each tortilla. Then top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons drained and rinsed black beans, 1 tablespoon bottled salsa, 2 tablespoons shredded iceberg lettuce, 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, and 1 tablespoon diced peeled avocado.
I made this for my men and they loved it, it was a great treat to eat while watching football, and to save on my calories, I just added some of the turkey mixture to a salad.
So what are some other ways in which you use leftover turkey?
Stay Blessed ~ No Stress in 2014!