This meal was made using recipe from http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotturkeyrecipes/r/r80418b.htm , with drumsticks instead of turkey legs. I’ve made this previously with turkey legs but since my freezer is full of chicken from my shopping trip to Costco I decided to use them instead.
- 4 to 6 chicken or turkey legs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
Preparation:Lightly grease the crockery liner of the slow cooker. Arrange the chicken or turkey legs in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over the chicken or turkey legs and turn to coat legs well. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
Serves 4 to 6.