Oven BBQ Chicken Thighs
Finally the weather has begun to warm up and next month it will be Memorial Day so you know what that means – it’s time to fire up the grill and BAR-B-QUE!
Even though I haven’t fired up the grill for the season, that didn’t stop me from making these tangy BBQ chicken thighs in the oven for Sunday dinner.
- 8-10 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- olive oil, seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the chicken on all sides with olive or canola oil and season with salt and pepper or any type of dried seasonings.
- Place the chicken skin side up in a glass pan coated with cooking spray and cover with slices of onion.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees.
- Coat the top of the chicken with barbecue sauce using a basting brush. Use rubber tipped tongs to turn the chicken over, being careful not to tear the skin.
- Baste the other side of the chicken, and place back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, baste top with barbecue sauce, and put back into oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven again and baste one more time, then place chicken back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is crispy, and is fully cooked.
I served the BBQ chicken with boiled Kale and slices of warm cornbread!
Are you ready to pull out the grill or have you already used it?
Yes it was! Hope to see you soon sis!
That looks really good! Thank you for sharing your recipe sweetie! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugz Lisa and Bear
You are more than welcome, I love cooking. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Now this makes me ready for summer cookouts! Bring on summer time! Great recipe sis! #ProductReviewParty
I know, the pool company is coming next week to open the pool and I am ready to fire up the grill!
I can totally make this. I don’t know how to use the grill, but I can definitely bake. I’m going to try it! #ProductReviewParty
Great Melanie, make sure you add plenty of BBQ sauce ! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
A bit heavy on the sauce for me but looks good!
Yes, but just between you and me the everyone else reading the post – I added more to make the pic look better – lol!
It’s called food styling 😉