Tasty Turkey Lasagna | #SwitchtoTurkey
Hello Friends and Happy Fri-Yay!
Today’s Foodie Feature is not a Slow Cooked meal, but a tasty
Turkey Lasagna made with JennieO Ground Turkey.
- 1 package Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup total of chopped peppers, carrots and onions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 container of Ricotta Cheese (15 oz)
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 lasagna noodles, cook and drained
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 ~ and spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Cook turkey until well done then pour in 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, add peppers, carrots, onions, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions and lay flat onto wax paper.
Mix ricotta cheese, spinach, 2 cups of shredded cheese and egg. Place 6 noodles in pan, and spread mixture on top of each noodle, then add ground turkey mixture.
Cover with remaining noodles and spaghetti sauce then top with Parmesan or additional shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and then bake an additional 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
I served with Garlic Texas Toast and a Marinated Roasted Red Pepper for a tasty Friday night meal for my men.
Here’s a coupon to help you save on your next purchase of JennieO Ground Turkey.