Healthy Leftover Turkey Recipe – Mojo Turkey Taco
Hello friends and Happy Black Friday. I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, a day filled with with plenty of food surrounded by family, friends and fun.
However, if like us, you had more food than family and friends and are now looking at a lot of leftover turkey, here’s a change to the classic turkey sandwich. This healthy recipe can be found online at Health.com.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot chili powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) cooked, coarsely chopped turkey breast
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup pre-shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
1. Using a whisk, mix first 7 ingredients (through sour cream) in a small bowl. Toss with turkey. Set aside.
2. Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture onto each tortilla. Then top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons drained and rinsed black beans, 1 tablespoon bottled salsa, 2 tablespoons shredded iceberg lettuce, 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, and 1 tablespoon diced peeled avocado.
4. Fold tortilla around taco mixture and serve.
I made this for my men and they loved it, it was a great treat to eat while watching football, and to save on my calories, I just added some of the turkey mixture to a salad.
So what are some other ways in which you use leftover turkey?
Stay Blessed ~ No Stress in 2014!
We are all about to do a Bubba Gump with our turkey leftovers..turkey stew, turkey hash, turkey tacos, etc. LOL
Just finished the last of ours, put it in the pan with some cream of mushroom soup over rice. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
We’re having turkey hash for breakfast in the morning 🙂
How was the turkey hash?
Pretty good 🙂
Oooooh looks yummy and healthy!
It was, I hope you have finished all of your Thanksgiving turkey! Happy Thankful Thursday.
Mmm mmm mmm! Looks delicious!
It was, hope you are enjoying your day.